Foi lançado recentemente o Sabayon Linux 6, é um projeto totalmente baseado no Gentoo. Um sistema operacional de alto nível, com tota flexibilidade que o Gentoo tem porém com um toque a mais de user-friendly.
O fino dele é a preservação do Gnome 2.32 como plataforma gráfica (ambiente X). KDE 4.6.4 também está como alternativa para os usuários.
O kernel usado é 188.8.131.52, o btrfs está nativo no núcleo do sistema e sua parte de artwork e music boot splash foram mudados.
Existem outras características importantes que podem ser conferidas aqui:
Press Release: Sabayon Linux 6 GNOME and KDE
We’re once again here to announce the immediate availability of Sabayon 6, one of the biggest milestone in our project.
Letting bleeding edge and reliability to coexist is the most outstanding challenge our users, our team, is faced every day.
There you have it, shining at full bright, for your home computer, your laptop and your home servers.
Because we do care about our community, we do listen to our users, we consider them part of the game, we decided to leave GNOME3 out for another, last, release cycle, in order let things to settle down: providing a broken user experience has never been in our plans.
Besides, what do we have under the hood this round? Let’s go ahead and see.
Please don’t forget to donate here, we still need your support.
Thanks to your donations, we were able to buy a new development server, but we need more I/O speed now!
- Linux Kernel 184.108.40.206 and blazing fast, yet reliable, boot
- Providing extra Server-optimized, OpenVZ-enabled, Vserver-enabled kernels in repositories
- Natively supporting btrfs filesystem
- Completely reworked artwork and boot music intro, thanks to our little Van Gogh (Ian Whyman)
- Improved theming for 16:9 and 16:10 widescreen monitors
- Transform Sabayon into an full-featured HTPC Operating System (Media Center) using XBMC
- Entropy 1.0_rc10, bringing outstanding speed and reliability. Entropy Store (Sulfur) went through a massive speed rework. Entropy Web Services foundation library has been introduced in order to support User Generated Content contributions in a more powerful way, bringing our Package Manager in the Social Internet age. Added support to delta packages downloads, parallel packages download, differential repository update through simple HTTPS protocol
- Several Sabayon Installer improvements, especially with dealing with crypt, LVM and swRAID environments
- Added a non-intrusive firewall tool called “ufw” and its frontends for GNOME and KDE
- X.Org Server updated to 1.10
- Sane Desktop Compositing now enabled by default
- Switched to IcedTea6 as bundled Java VM
- Switched to jpeg-turbo library, boosting JPEG images rendering speed
- Switched to LibreOffice 3.3.3
- Switched to Chromium/WebKit as bundled Web Browser
- Split nvidia-drivers and ati-drivers into userspace and kernel modules, improving reliability over kernel migrations
- Updated to GNOME 2.32.2 and KDE 4.6.4
- Updated to GRUB 1.99
- Introduced the “kernel-switcher” tool, to easily switch between available Sabayon Linux kernels
- Python toolchain updated to version 2.7
- Updated to GCC 4.5.2
- Dracut and Plymouth ready (expect them in Sabayon 7)
- Thousands of updates and bug fixes that flew in, during these last 4 months
- We’re still here! (it’s a feature), only thanks to your donations, please keep donating, donate now!
Minimum requirements (aka, we don’t underestimate them, like everybody else does):
- An i686-compatible Processor (Intel Pentium II/III, Celeron, AMD Athlon)
- 512Mb RAM (GNOME) – 768Mb RAM (KDE)
- 8 GB of free space
- A X.Org supported 2D GPU
- A DVD reader
- A Dual Core Processor (Intel Core 2 Duo or better, AMD Athlon 64 X2 or better)
- 1024Mb RAM
- 15 GB of free space
- A X.Org supported 3D GPU (Intel, AMD, NVIDIA) (esp. for XBMC)
ISO images (those little .iso files that you have download and burn) are available on our mirrors:
- Sabayon Linux 6 amd64 (x86_64, x64) GNOME:
- Sabayon Linux 6 x86 (i686, x32) GNOME:
- Sabayon Linux 6 amd64 (x86_64, x64) KDE:
- Sabayon Linux 6 x86 (i686, x32) KDE:
- Sabayon Mirrors Page
- Sabayon Bittorrent Tracker
Para baixar veja:
Sabayon_Linux_6_x86_K.iso (1,956MB, MD5, torrent), Sabayon_Linux_6_x86_G.iso (1,561MB, MD5, torrent), Sabayon_Linux_6_amd64_K.iso (2,180MB, MD5, torrent), Sabayon_Linux_6_amd64_G.iso (1,777MB, MD5, torrent).